Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Winter solstice

Hi @Dimity , sorry you're not coping...I know that feeling and it sucks. 🫂

Oh no re the pharmacy! That's not ethical!! Will you change pharmacy, or will they now give you the generics?

Can you contact the helper again? I hope she will still meet up...

I'm not too tired after the extra day at work, even though I didn't sleep well last night. I don't get the long weekend, but that doesn't bother me - it would only get me behind on my work anyway. I really shouldn't be relaxing this weekend - the house has got itself into a mess again! So maybe we can catch up on chores together? 

@NatureLover I agree the pharmacy has been unethical. I may still change, but it's been convenient having them within walking distance... not that I can walk there at present.

How did you go with your chores? I've caught up a bit and intend to do more. 

I'm in a pickle over the carer. I'll message her once more but I've probably antagonised her. I feel pretty bleak about it. To the point of thinking of putting off the eye surgery. 

I got onto some of the paperwork from my health insurer - I was expecting forms but it was mainly generic health information. A bit patronising really.

I'll work with you on chores again tomorrow. 

@Dimity  Hopefully the pharmacy will consistently provide you with the generics, now that you've spoken up. 

I am sending wishes that the helper will accept your message and will meet with you 🤞

I didn't achieve a lot yesterday, but I needed a day of rest. So will have to work hard today. The handyman is not finished the jobs here yet. He's fitting me in around his other jobs, and coming with little notice (no notice, once). I need to clean and tidy for him, but I find that hard with no idea when he'll be coming. So I'm going to imagine him coming tomorrow and see if that helps. 

Well done for tackling the paperwork, even if it was disappointing. 

How are your pain levels? 

I think today will be rainy all day, so there will be no escape from chores lol 😂 Good luck to both of us... 

Hello @NatureLover I hope your chores went well and you're ready if/when the handyman drops in.

My lunchtime catchup took all afternoon and was a lovely break. So I didn't get  anything done in the house. Home again and miserable - I'll see what I can do tomorrow. 

@NatureLover I hope work (on a holiday) went well. I cleaned and decluttered but there's more to be done after not being able to do much for 3 weeks. Much of the pain is lifting. 

The helper said she's too busy to arrange a meeting so I guess I've missed that boat. 

Hi @Dimity , I'm really sorry that that helper brushed you off 😣 Are there any others on that agency website that look hopeful?

Well done on cleaning and decluttering! Does that mean your mind and body both feel a bit stronger? 🤞

I've been in a slump since Sunday so have been away from the forums. Didn't make it to work, no chores done, not ready for handyman. Hope he doesn't come this week. Slowly trying to get back on my feet today so I can go to work tomorrow. I'll be behind and it will be stressful. 

Are you still seeing the physio about your back? (I'm not sure if that's the "pain" you mentioned...I get the impression your pain is all over 😢 )

Sending care ❤️

P.S. So glad you had a lovely long social lunch 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been in a slump @NatureLover after going so well. Hope it works out to be positive overall. Do you think SAD might be creeping in?

It's so long since my job was posted it's unlikely anyone's still interested.

I'm certainly better thanks, after things went so wrong 3 weeks ago, but still a lot to cope with. Yes I've had pain from different sources, and I gave up seeing the osteopath when things got too much and another condition prevented me from doing back exercises. 

I'm battling. Today a bureaucrat - and clinician -  admitted losing her notes and later relying on memory to (wrongly)  reconstruct them. I'd made written notes at the time, and called her bluff. I've completely lost confidence in her and her organisation... and I'm upset and angry as I actually need their help.

I do hope tomorrow is better than you expect - it would be nice if it's better than I expect too. 

Hi @Dimity , did yesterday turn out better then you expected? I hope so...

Yes, it was the osteopath you were seeing, not the physio. 

I missed work yesterday again. Yes, I think the S.A.D. might be hitting me 😢

Could you re-post your job afresh? 

@Dimity wrote:

I'm battling. Today a bureaucrat - and clinician -  admitted losing her notes and later relying on memory to (wrongly)  reconstruct them. I'd made written notes at the time, and called her bluff. I've completely lost confidence in her and her organisation... and I'm upset and angry as I actually need their help.

Am very sorry to hear this. Gosh. That's the last thing you need 😣

Am sending wishes that things improve for you very soon 🤞

Another cold night. 

Hope things improve for you over the weekend @NatureLover .

Tomorrow is a new day, maybe I can reset and start afresh. 

Thanks, @Dimity . Yes, it's been very cold. It's nearly a year since you started this thread. 

You are so good at starting again each day. 

I hope that you have a good day today and feel up to tackling what you need to. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance