Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Winter solstice

@Dimity  yes, notifications are on the blink, I think. 

@Dimity wrote:

My Aged Care takes weeks to process updates, and someone said the enquiry should have come from my gp. 

That's annoying...would you go back to your GP to ask if they will do it? I know you're running out of time now before your surgery...but it might help for your second surgery? 

That's a bit alarming about your cat caterwauling...is he in pain? I'm sorry to hear.  😣

@Dimity wrote:

Her situation is dire but authorities told me it's a lifestyle choice.

Oh gosh...it's not a lifestyle choice, it's an illness! (From the little you've mentioned I am guessing she has Hoarding Disorder?...sorry if I'm incorrect.) I'm glad she at least has a psychotherapist. 

That's pretty good of you to help your sister financially when money is tight for you. 

I hope that today can stop or at least ease the spiralling a bit for you...sending wishes and care ❤️

Worried you are spiralling, dear @Dimity ...

Sending wishes and care ❤️

Thanks @NatureLover . It's not easy. My psychologist cancelled today. Only one more session  I feel let down.

The cat gets distressed so I try to check through the things he might be wanting and usually it works out but sometimes it stresses me out.  He has regular arthritis injections now and I try to monitor if he's in pain but it seems well controlled.  His med made a huge difference when he first started it. 

I should probably follow up my concerns with my gp, and I haven't yet discussed my mh with her either. She's fitted me in at short notice several times when I've needed it (actually at the discretion of her receptionist) but has been so busy that I've not liked to impose further. I've tried to work things out myself but I think I've exhausted all options. I've run the gamut of emotions from panic to SI to paralysis, and more. I guess I've been hovering between desperation and despair but that sounds overly dramatic. 

I'd better check with the cat again. 

I've listed with 2 other support platforms. Hope I can follow through. And I got some probiotics. 

@NatureLover 

Oh gosh, I'm sorry your psychologist cancelled! That sucks. 

Also that your cat gets distressed 😢

@Dimity wrote:

I've run the gamut of emotions from panic to SI to paralysis, and more. I guess I've been hovering between desperation and despair but that sounds overly dramatic. 

Ohhh no - it sounds so distressing, my friend. I wish things would improve for you. It's not at all overly dramatic - it's your feelings, which are totally 100% valid. 

I'm glad you've got some probiotics, and that you've advertised on 2 more support platforms. Great idea. Sending wishes that you can get the help you need at the time you need it 🤞

@Dimity ❤️

@NatureLover I ran some errands today and shopped... more than I've done in weeks and I'm exhausted, especially after hassles with the bank. I'm resisting going fully online and cashless. 

A new stressful situation has come up that I'll have to deal with over the next couple of weeks. Scary but having a new helper might help. 

Tomorrow I'll try to catch up with admin 

stuff. 

I hope tomorrow's a good day for you and you can catch some natural sunlight.

Hi @Dimity , it sounds hopeful, that you might get a helper from those 2 platforms? 

Very sorry to hear you have yet another stressful and scary situation, oh gosh 😢

And hassles with your bank! Oh dear. 

I hope you were able to sleep OK last night after your exhausting day of errands. 

Thanks for your good wishes...I will try and get out in any sun that presents itself.

Good luck today with your admin work 🤞

Thanks @NatureLover . I had,a bad night.

I don't consciously procrastinate but I can't seem to get to the admin stuff. Or other stuff that matters. 

The two platforms were very different. On one people were keen to cash in with little attention to what I asked for, the other seems more promising. I'm negotiating at present. 

I'm not sure how much sun if any there'll be this weekend. We can but hope.

I'm sorry you had a bad night after your awful day @Dimity  😢

I am crossing fingers and sending wishes that your negotiations with the promising helper are successful 🤞

It's hard to tackle stuff when we are just surviving any way we can. I hope you won't beat yourself up. 

Sending wishes you feel up to tackling the admin work (if that's the priority) this weekend 🤞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance