Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Share a cuppa?

Hey there @Dimity 🙂🌺

That sounds hopeful regarding the result being expected to be negative 🙂

Yes, I understand when it comes to medical professionals.. I tend to feel quite apprehensive when being addressed by them - there’s a certain level of bias that I think exists with regards to my situation, because I have a brain injury and C-PTSD I often receive negative and dismissive comments. Although these days, I do have little hesitation in raising what isn’t right as an opportunity for them to change tac and see I’m a person, with feelings, intelligence, and value 💜🙂🌺

Hey @Dimity 

I understand that, I get somewhat nervous around medical staff too. Clinical atmospheres can feel very pathologising! Wishing kindness for your and that all goes smoothly ❤️

@Former-Member Yeah, there are a lot of mixed feelings about moving, but ultimately it was a healthy thing to do. My old neighbours are quite domestically violent, yelling at each other for multiple hours a day, and much, much worse. It's not a great environment for me or my kids.

Also no worries, you're so active here! It is really quite heartwarming 🙂

Thanks @Former-Member . It's good you can be assertive and self-advocate. Unfortunately I often shut down under pressure - perhaps a carryover of c-ptsd. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes, the move sounds like a very positive thing @Xibon; that sounds like a really difficult situation with your former neighbours, unfortunately. I hope they can get some help at some stage, however its not a good thing for you to bear witness 💜

🤗

Former-Member
Not applicable

I do understand @Dimity 💜🌺 Its taken me a long while to get to this point, and Im not successful in all instances... the reciprocity is key: if the health professional is still unwilling to acknowledge, then I am stuck, and I do tend to not say anything from that point onwards (which is a symptom of both C-PTSD and how my brain tends to work these days). 

Please know youre not alone, and talking about it can be ways to find help... would love to hear your thoughts 💜🤗

@Former-Member @Bow @Dimity @Xibon @Shaz51 @tyme 

Good evening guys, thanks so much Shaz51 for tagging me in the butterflies and frogs threads. I favourited them so I can go back and check them out. I only found your notification accidentally lol. I was out this morning.

How is everyone? Sounds like you are all getting your medical concerns sorted out. That's  a really positive step although it can be stressful.

Great that you have moved Xibon but that is apparently one of the most stressful things that you can do. I would love to move but at the moment we are stuck here. The house is falling apart and we have no money to fix it. We have lived here 29 years.

Hi @Former-Member I phoned ICLA, there's no direct number to reach eFriend.

Yet via leaving a message, then email exchange - We were able to Re-Book an eFriend Phone Call, for later this week.

Even though they are NSW (Syd) based, I'm glad that they are happy to Phone WA (Perth).

Adge

Yes @Oaktree Meggle.

Thanks

That was the Thread @Former-Member Join us on our Virtual Walk around Australia.

Adge

Hi @Xibon I am not aware of Drop-in MH Services in Perth.

I looked up Safe Havens, & discovered that a Safe Haven (the first in WA) has just been opened at the Royal Perth Hospital.

This is in Perth CBD, a considerable distance from me - It also has only 3 hours of Operation in evenings, on 2 or 3 days per week.

As such it is not accessible to me.

Anyway, discovering that a Safe Haven has just opened in Perth is at least a start.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Oaktree , I just realised I can favourite threads after reading your post! 😁

I will be doing that and making life so much easier from now on - thank you for mentioning it 😍

Having a cooler evening here, I decided to put the aircon on to help with fatigue 🙂

Im sorry to hear house repairs aren't financially accessible - maintenance costs are really hard 😞💜