Re: Share a cuppa?

@Oaktree almond ice cream sounds like a perfect treat post-dentist!

Volunteering at the hospital sounds very fulfilling. Do you enjoy it? How often do you volunteer?

Wishing everyone well on this Friday 🙂

@Oaktree @Shaz51 @Former-Member @tyme 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Xibon ☺️

Thanks so much for the Friday well wishes - I hope the same for you 🌺🙂

Hello there @Oaktree  @Shaz51  @tyme  , hope your day goes well 💜🌺☺️

@Former-Member @Xibon @Bow @Shaz51 @tyme 

Hi guys,

Yes volunteering is great and I do it once or twice a week. During Dec/Jan it was twice per week because we had a special roster to cuddle a neonate that was going into foster care so had no family to come visit him. He was discharged on Wednesday this week. So I guess its back down to once a week for now. I regularly do concierge as I enjoy that most. I welcome people, check them in on the computer consoles for their appointments and point them in the right direction for their clinics. It’s a bit boring on a quiet day but on the other hand that’s good as you don’t really want kids coming into hospital.

Yes you are also right about the icecream. It was a nice treat on a hot day. I still have 2 tubs in the freezer. 

Thanks for the tags. I hope you all have a great day!

Meggle

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Oaktree  ☺️🌺

that’s so lovely, thank you for sharing insights into this wonderful work… I must admit, it brought a little tear reading about the little fella there, needing a cuddle 🥹, and it’s really a great thing you do 💜🙌🏻🙂

And the contrast between it being a bit quiet/boring, yet that means few children needing to come to hospital totally makes sense ❤️‍🩹

I hope you have a lovely afternoon 🌺🙂

@Former-Member @Bow @Xibon @Shaz51 @tyme 

Good evening guys, I hope you all had a decent day. My afternoon wasn’t too bad. I did 2 hours on concierge and then 2 hours on the wards making parents tea and coffee. No kids wanted a visit today.

Meggle

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Oaktree ☺️🌺

A welcome day free of troubles here, thank you Meggle 🤗🌺

Sounds like your day volunteering went well🙂

it’s really nice to hear about it - thank you for sharing 🌺☺️

I hope you have a restful evening 🙂🌺💜

Morning @Former-Member , @Oaktree 

So pleased your day was OK yesterday ❤️ 

My day apart from a couple of hiccups which turned out all OK by the end of the day 🙃 

🤣😂 my mum turned the hospital upside-down yesterday as she is  confined to a wheelchair--- she took herself to the bathroom 

@Xibon , @tyme , @Jynx 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Shaz51 🌺🙂

Thank you 💜☺️

Glad to hear your day went ok by the end 🌺

Oh, goodness..is your mum alright? 🌺☺️💜

Ohh Yes @Former-Member 🙂

This time 

You can image the scene when I went to visit her and the nurses were telling me all about it 

How are you 

Been awake since 2am this morning 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Im glad your mum is ok @Shaz51 🙂🌺

Is there any way to help things so they dont happen on repeat? 💜

Im ok thanks - having a slow day, its been a week of hard medical appointments that tend to put an emotional drain in place that I dont have a well fitting plug for, so I just have to wait till the leaves clog the leak, so to speak 🙂

Im sorry you've had such an early wake-up; how are you doing? 💜🌺