Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

Hey @Exoplanet Yes been a few glitches over the last couple of days but seems all good now. How are you Hon?

Thanks for replying @greenpea  @Zoe7 

I hadn't noticed any posts for a couple of days, I felt a bit woahys me I guess. But I'm all good. It's been lovely and cool here - I've gone one better than a puddle in the driveway . . . there's a puddle in my dam now! 😄 Hope everything's going well for you both Heart

Love to all that need or want it Heart

@Exoplanet  Hey Exoplanet good to see you. I have been feeling under the weather because of the amount of rain we have been having. Am over the rain so was great to wake up this morning and see some blue sky. I hope you are doing okish. Always in my thoughts love peaxxx

Hey @Exoplanet - a puddle in the dam is a great start ...hopefully you get a bit more rain to add some more Smiley Very Happy Are you planning any trips soon Hon - always love to hear of your adventures Heart

I love reading your posts @Exoplanet 

Thanks for sharing 😋

My car won't start, I got the RSPCA out & now the fuel pumps gone. I'm pretty well stranded. The ironic thing is the reason I was going into town was to get a statement printed out to get a loan for a another car. I've already been into the bank & they've said I'll be approved, they just need the statement. My Sister will come Monday, I'm not stranded endlessly, she offered to come Sunday but I need to get an income statement printed & into the bank - I can't do that on a Sunday. It's a pretty big downer, the money I used to pay my daughters loan out, sure would be handy right now & the thought of being in debt most likely for the rest of my life is off-putting to say the least. It's also very disapointing that the car only lasted 5 years, I had maintenance done every 6 months, I took it to mechanics as soon as the warning light came on - they didn't know what was wrong. I've put thousand of dollars into it, it's a 2010 so it's ony lasted 10yrs since new. My last visit to the mechanic ended in being told I was looking at $1500 for a exhaust valve in the 2nd cylinder, but to leave it until after Christmas as it wasn't that bad. On my last trip it started dropping out of 5th gear, that's when I decided to look into a loan - I felt I was throwing good money after bad & I'm running out of money. Seems I left that decision just a touch too late. Bugger. Nothing says 'your alone' like being stranded.

Oh @Exoplanet what horrible luck you have had with that car Smiley Sad 

Can the statement be emailed to your bank?

@Zoe7  I did manage to get it to the bank in an email. Last minute I decided to borrow a little more & I'm looking at getting a new car. I was pretty focused on low kilometers, you don't get lower than new. I figure if I'm going to be in debt for the rest of my life, I'll do it for the first new car I've ever had. 

I did the same with my present car @Exoplanet - had a few bought from family (all in great condition) but once my previous car began having numerous issues I decide to purchase the one I wanted new. I love my little car - it is just right for me and my fur babies ...tows the trailer, can go offroad and is extremely economical on petrol - so a win all around. I hope your brand new car does the same for you - especially in your travelling adventures - makes such a difference not to have to worry about something else breaking down and having that independence with a reliable vehicle.

I'm glad to hear you love your little car @Zoe7 , mine is going to be a very small one; no towing capacity & I'm not even sure if it can have roof racks {the dealer is going to get back to me today I hope} - but it has new car warranty, capped service fees & roadside assist until 2026, that makes me feel safer. I'll have to go back to camping in a tent . . . a small one & I'll simply have to figure out how to pack less! But I will be able to get to town for essentials, something I haven't been able to do this week. I will remain independent 🙂 It's a hatchback, there aren't any small, light commercial utilities available in Australia under 10 years old anymore. I'll fold the back seats down & they'll stay that way. In a way it'll be nice to have the puppies in the car with me, in another it may mean the end of short trips to town in the car for them, as I would have to leave the windows down & as such the car unlocked & completely accessible - but I guess that's a small price to pay for independence.

Love to you Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance