Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

treatment orders

has anyone been on a treatment order for a while mine is about to expire and they are applying for another one and i dont know how i am supposed to feel about this part of me feels like i am just too tired to fight it and doesnt even want to go to the hearing. i just i have some fundamental disagreements with the meds i should or should not be on and everytime i dont agree to take the meds they just say well we will keep you on the order and idk like i just i am so tired and m concerns about the side effects just seem to fall on deaf ears and they just expect me to tolerate it like it is just that easy. i wish part of psychiatrist training was having to sample the medications they prescribe to people and see how it felt to take them then maybe they would understand. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: treatment orders

@Eden1919 

I hope it works out for the best. I've not been in that position...I can imagine it must be hard.

Love the idea of having psychiatrists trial the meds! lol

Hey @Eden1919 I have been on treatment orders in the past and it was very devaluing. I understand what you say about being too tired to fight and that makes it hard. I like the idea of psychiatrists having to try the meds to understand the side effects because maybe they would be a bit more understanding.

Take care

@StuF @Eve7  yes they should have to take the meds and feel physically terrible and gain a lot of weight and have hand tremors and reduced libido and nausea and diarrhoea and brain zaps and sedation and all the other nasties they should have to have a full understanding of how it feels to take these meds before prescribing them then when we complain about how shitty the meds make us feel they might not be so dismissive.      

100 percent @Eden1919 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance