Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Welcome @SLARBERT @Sunny54 ,

Hope you can connect with other members going through something similar.

BPD can be tough, but it's also incredibly rewarding.

Hey @SkiptheDog @BlueBay @saturnzoon @MissLil @Sunny54 @Lila3 @Amethyst1 @Sweetpotato @Bloss @Chook_ @Bee36 @Parzival @itsonlyme94 @J212 @SkiptheDog @Llamadrama1212 @Panda2000 @BPDlearner1 @Nidbina @sugarcoatedhero @anonymous678 @Bumblebee2 @Willow_26 @Alltaken @Josie72 @Flibbertigibbet @Elizabeth27 @fc616 @PhoebePhoenix @Bamo 

For those with BPD or carers of people BPD, you may be interested in these two groups which are both free and online.

Carers:

https://www.spectrumbpd.com.au/education-training/education-for-families-friends-and-carers

For people with BPD: 

https://www.spectrumbpd.com.au/education-training/psychoeducation-sessions

There's also this group run by Project Air

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 7.19.18 PM.png

Note: If you DO end up attending these groups, we ask that you maintain forum anonymity.

@BPDSurvivor 

Is this still an active forum? I want to share my experience with BPD and partake in the community. 

@tyme 

To be a little facetious - how can BPD be rewarding? I'm not discounting the idea - curiosity begs though.

Hey @BabyBear ,

For me, I found that my BPD taught me a lot of new things I wouldn't've learnt otherwise. 

I don't believe I would have the compassion and care for people struggling with mental health, nor would I have the understanding I now have today because of it.

Throughout my journey, I met some of the most inspirational and incredible survivors as well as professionals. 

I have such a deeper understanding of myself that I don't think I would have got otherwise.

I have so much more to share, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone.

@tyme,

I’m glad you have found value through your experiences with BPD. Empathy and self-knowledge are valuable commodities as is the service of others.

I'd be interested to hear any experiences you feel up to sharing about BPD @BabyBear .

For me, I think the turning point was when I learnt to embrace my BPD as opposed to hating it. When I learnt to work with the BPD, I saw it was a give-take relationship.

Please know though, it wasn't easy. There were a lot of tears and a lot of pain that went with it. It wasn't a rosy journey by all means...

Yet I'm here to tell the story.

@tyme,

Well. I was diagnosed with BPD this year. I suspected I had BPD for some years, but it was never identified.

BPD Diagnosis made me feel vindicated. Being a quiet borderline presents an unfolding map of me and the potential for greater introspection and self-actualisation.

That will suffice for now.

Thanks for sharing @BabyBear 

To be honest, when I was diagnosed, I had no idea was BPD was.

I like this point you made "being a quiet borderline presents an unfolding map of me and the potential for greater introspection and self-actualisation."

I totally agree with it. It's a really good way of putting it.

For me, my recovery took many years to get started. However, once it started, it took about 3-5 years to be in a really good place.

Actually, when I was diagnosed, not many people around me knew what to do or how to help. I was left floundering in the world with numerous hospital admissions...

If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask @BabyBear  Absolutely no pressure though.

@tyme,
How many hospital admissions did you have?

I have had a lot. I will be attending a DBT & Schema program (two programs) in the remaining months of this year.