Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our stories

Alice10
Senior Contributor

Difficult.

Hi, I recently posted about leaving my partner. After telling him, he promised to stop drinking, and so far has, and has promised to see a psychologist about this as well. Appointment next week..

I still feel sick about the whole thing, and don't want to give him this chance, but I'm having a lot of trouble leaving my home that I've put so much love into.

Anyway, that's the update on a very difficult situation, and my only option accommodation wise now, is to stay with family indefinitely. All feels like it might break me. It's not easy to leave when you have an extra layer of vulnerability due to some mental health issues. I'm seeing my doctor again on Monday to try and get a support worker involved, as at the end of the day, I don't feel courage is my biggest resource atm. After moving house a fair bit, this home has been like a friend to me, sounds like a funny thing to say about a house. Alice.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Difficult.

Hey @Alice10 ,

Thank you for sharing. Iโ€™m hearing the sentimental value that your home holds. I recognise it is not easy to let go. 

Iโ€™m hearing grief in the mix of this situation too. It is understandable you are feeling these emotions.

Itโ€™s good to hear you have reached out for support. Is your partner linked in with services?

It is absolutely okay to see your house as a friend. It is a place of refuge. Of safety. A place where you feel a sense of belonging.

Please know we hear this is hard. We are sitting with you.

Glisten
Senior Contributor

Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ @Alice10

There are rehab facilities and services.

He is responsible for himself.

He needs to purse his habit or recovery away from the home.

It is completely unfair to you.

You have every right to stay in your home!

G

Thank you tyme. Very insightful and well, just thank you.
Alice

Thanks Glisten. I'm a bit stuck for words tonight, but knowing you guys are here is nothing short of amazing. Alice
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance