Re: The Self-care Shed

Stunning @Shaz51 

@Shaz51 @nashy @Maggie 

My self care place

Bennett_garden_49078c1aec294c9109688e5433c801a0.jpg

@AZZ nature is so healing and calming ❤️

I started doing walks in lockdown; definitely helps clear the head. I'm glad it helps you too!

@YouAreNotAlone 

Your list is pretty much the same as mine. 

Smiley Happy

I began drinking water a lot as self care, when my children were little. I always gave them their drinks first, then realised how incredibly thirsty I was.  I would not touch their juices, but became a real water guzzler. It got me through first 10 years.  I was also meditating and doing Tai Chi but sporadically only when I had time.  It was the water that was key, and developing the habit of carrying it around with me.  I was glad when the gym junkies started doing the same thing.  I felt they made it normal.  When I grew up drinking water was not a thing, which is totally mad in this country, but there were a lot of dehydrated people running around.

I love this section dealing with Bushfires and Mental Health.  Important that Sane recognises the needs as essential to this country.

Hi @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @YouAreNotAlone @Snowie @Appleblossom @nashy and everyone in the self care shed!

Sleep is key self care for me. When I'm distressed/stressed I get caught up with trying to control my external environment and create some order in my space. This desire is really strong when the wider world feels threatening (fires,covid etc.) or my internal landscape feels out of control. But sometimes I don't rest. I'm working on some evening winding down and trying to bookend my day with meditation. Morning routine is in place but I'm trying to establish evening practice.

Thinking of you @Maggie I'm a bit the same with the 'not keeping up' thoughts. Trying to just go with what I can do and accept what I can't. Take care.

Fizz
Bushfire Community Ambassador

Thanks @AZZ 

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance