Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Re: The Self-care Shed

@Snowie going barefoot outside, I hear this again and again but do not do it enough. Flick the jandals off when I am down at the beach, but have grass and trees outside my place and never bother to do it there. You have inspired me to have a barefoot lunchbreak Smiley Very Happy  Sounds like you have had a pretty rough week @Snowie I am glad you're still trying Heart That's pretty epic that you still lean on the strategies in the darker moments.

youareawesome.gif

Thanks for such a lovely and thorough list Smiley Very Happy @YouAreNotAlone Wonderful.

"Post fires I felt that sometimes allowing feelings and tears to come was self care... not putting pressure on myself to hold it together all the time." - Whoa, so so important. @frog Well done and thank you heaps for that reminder. A nice little cry in the garden is a soft and lovely thing to give ourselves Heart

Absolutely, @frog. You just need to let yourself feel the things you're feeling . . . unfortunately I think facing our feelings is the only way to overcome them; even if it's uncomfortable.

@YouAreNotAlone @nashy @frog @Shaz51 @Snowie  and everyone. I sat outside with a coffee a few days ago. I watched and listened to the birds. Momentarily, it was peaceful. 🐦🐧🐤🌸🌸

Sounds lovely @Maggie 

Hope you can get more of those moments in there.

Thanks @Snowie , I can’t get out of my pit at the moment, so any break helps.

I hope you are ok enough, I’m not keeping up with everything.

You don't need to keep up with everything hun, just concentrate on yourself @Maggie 

Fizz
Bushfire Community Ambassador

My main go to for self care is being outside feeling the sun on me, the breeze and more recently the rain (because it has started again after years of drought Smiley Happy 
I have two special places on my property where I sit and think things through; write in my journal or just watch and observe what goes on around me - birds in teh trees, bees buzzing around the flowers etc - always find it calming, soothing and restful and very helpful to returning to an equilibrium.

Other go tos include writing; listening to music and reading 
the maisie tree.jpg

Gosh what a beautiful place to sit @Fizz . I find connecting with nature a great way to calm my mind and reflect too. I've taken up hiking over the past few years which I love. Sometimes the quiet brings up difficult thoughts, but it gives me a the space to work through through them and I always feel better for it. 

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: