Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Gardening anyone?

Hey there @Oaktree 🙂🌺

thank you kindly, that’s really nice of you 💜🙂

I hope the pea seed planting goes well! 🙂

before my old neighbours moved away, they grew veggies in the back yard, which I used to water over the fence while they were at work on hot summer days, so they wouldn’t dry out too much.. I used a misting spray to keep them cooler. 
they used to reward me with some excellent cherry tomatoes, lettuce, chives, peas, zucchini, and these sweet chillies from a miniature tree they had. 
☺️

@Former-Member @Patches59 @Shaz51 @Hannelore @Jynx 

So I just planted out my pre-soaked pea seeds. I now need to soak my dwarf ones overnight to plant tomorrow. I didn’t want to get them mixed up. My Brussel sprouts are coming along nicely. I have quite a few left in little pots to give away or maybe grow in larger pots: Not sure really. I did promise a friend of mine a few plants.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sounds really lovely @Oaktree 🥰🌺

Gardening and producing food sounds like it’s a really nice thing you enjoy 😀💜🌺

@Oaktree @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Hannelore @Jynx I used to have a cherry plum tree growing in my front garden patch which I didn’t want, finally managed to cut it down and dig it up.

front of unit has no shelter from the sun and, even with drapes inside, the room gets quite hot at times.  Joys of Melbourne weather.

few days ago I bought a small Westringia to plant in the front, plant will grow approx 1.5 metres high.  I’ve been taking things easy last couple days due to stomach upset, been giving the ground good watering.  Hoping to plant the Westringia within next day or 2 plus some flowering plants I bought. Still working out layout of plants and solar powered fairy houses. Hoping another week or 2 and can finally have some nice flowers out the front

@Patches59 

Sounds like it will look lovely once you get the plants all in. Happy gardening!

🧑‍🌾 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sounds like it’ll be lovely @Patches59 💜🙂🌺

Yes @Shaz51 Most Roses (not all) have a Fragrance.

Some strong, some just faint.

Enormous variation.

Modern hybridised roses are virtually nothing like (very little like) the original Species Roses, that they were bred from.

One of the Original Rose Species, Rosa foetida (persian yellow rose) - Has a horrible smell, apparently.

The flowers smell of Bed Bugs, not a nice fragrance at all.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Adge  @Shaz51  @Oaktree  @Jynx  @Patches59 

heres my baby Alocasia plants.. sorry the pic isn’t so good..I don’t balance very well ☺️🌺

IMG_5146.jpeg

The plant looks healthy @Former-Member 

I don’t do well with inside plants. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Oaktree 🙌🏻☺️🌺

it’s doing really well with that pot that is self-watering, takes away the guesswork from me/forgetfulness to water! 
😀

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance