Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

It is a shame you could not get a ute @Exoplanet - both for the travel uses and taking your dogs everywhere. I take Toby everywhere with me when I can but also won't leave him in the car when it is warmer. Luckily I live close to all services so I don't have far to go when I need. Tobes does love a trip to Bunnings - gets a lot of attention - he is cute and knows it lol

It will great for you to have your independence back - that is also something I need ...much like you I have always been that way whether it be travelling, doing things at home or just day to day life. It is important to me to be able to do things on my own - gives me a sense of freedom and also pride - both super important.

Having your new car with enable you to live with more freedom too I suspect - especially knowing you will no longer have to worry about whether something will go wrong or another thing break down in the car - really pleased for you Exoplanet Heart

It feels like ages since I've been on here. I've got a new car, not the one I was looking at but brand spanking all the same. It's a hatchback, with huge space at the back. I have the back seats down & it's almost the same space as the little ute. There's benifits to it being a 4 door, I don't have to crawl into the back, I can access it via the back doors. It's an automatic, which I've never owned before & still believe the transmission will be more costly to repair or replace, but I shouldn't have to worry about that for at least 5 years due to the warrantly. The service fees are capped, I like the sound of that, the most expensive is around the 500 mark; considering the little utes $1300, 100 000km service is where everything stared going wrong. I have discovered I absolutely love cruise control! & I actually don't mind not having to go through gears everytime I turn a corner or stop & start 🙂 I was able to get roof racks & was still under the amount the bank had approved, I've never known key-lock roof racks before . . . I'm really chuffed with them 🙂 I'm not going to use many of the mod-cons on the steering wheel & dash; my phone isn't the type that will 'pair' with the car, I'm not into the radio or music things but it does have it's own GPS! I'm liking that! 🙂  So now the long haul of 5 years payments begin, along with the cost of regular services, comprehensive insurance {a stipulation of the loan} & road side assist {as this cars manufacturer doesn't provide it . . . it's a Suzuki 😉 } My head has been fritzed for a fortnight or more, my sleep patten is not good. I slept until 11am this morning, although it's good to sleep in, I was waking at 4.30-5am at my Sisters - it's still not good; I need it to be regular, getting tired at about 10-11pm & waking at about 7-8am . . . nothing else works, all other sleep pattens lead to looney for me. I'm working on it. 

I was so surprised to hear you've moved into your own place @eth , CONGRATULATIONS, Wow that happened quick, reckon your head must be spinning Heart

It was wonderful to hear from you @Sophia1 , Thank you for thinking of me Heart

Good morning, Good day, Good evening & Good night to you @greenpea, a beautiful heart like yours deserves every time of day to be good Heart

Darling @Shaz51  you think of so many, always considering others, I'm honoured to be one of them Heart

We do have similarities @Zoe7 , we appreciate canine love {it's just the best 🙂 }, we'll have a go at fixing things & we have a certain understanding of Human nature {even those within our own families}. Thank you for your friendship Heart

Thank you to all those that communicate with me, your a life line Heart

Love to all that need or want it Heart

@Mazarita  @outlander  @Emelia8 

@Exoplanet  Thank you for your wonderful tag! OMG! your car sounds fantastic :D:D:D:D can you take pea for a spin it :).  So great to see you so happy with your new purchase.  Have you taken your puppies in it yet? peaxxx

@Exoplanet Loved reading your update today Heart My little car is also a Suzuki - 4wd but small and compact - the petrol cost is small too and it is very economical. I added roofracks and a tow bar so whilst it is a 2-door, it is everything I need. Tobes has a cushion I made for the front seat to lay on and he has blankets in the back also. For a little car it carries a surprisingly large amount when the back seats are down ...I love my little car Heart

We do share a lot Hon - we both love our fur babies and will turn our hand to fixing most things. I won't touch electrics but anything construction-wise I can do. Plumbing is easy too but if I get stuck my sister's partner is a plumber so I am covered. It makes it so much cheaper to be able to do things ourselves - just energy levels and finances that stop me doing more. I am planning on painting the dining room next holidays and if I have enough money will start the attic. I am going to ask for Bunnings vouchers for my birthday and christmas and hopefully that will go part way to starting the attic. It would be great to have all my boxes and school stuff stored up there in a more orderly fashion so I can find things easily without having to move things around - I can then also have my spare room back to renovate later 👍

I hope you continue to enjoy your new car and can head off for another holiday adventure soon.

Love and hugs to you too Hon Heart

@Exoplanet 🧡💛💚🌻🌻

It's gonna be hot today! The weather site prediction for today is 40 to 45, I think they have to guess a bit for out here because the nearest weather station is about an hour away. It was hot yesterday & the day before, the weather site says it'll remain in the 40's for another week! Blah! There's some sort of dust thing goin' on, the clouds have an orange tinge, sunsets are pretty, the stars twinkle red even the moon has an orange glow. I've been putting ice in the evaporative water air cooler for the past couple of days & I guess I'll just have to keep doing that for another couple or more. But today is predicted to be the hottest. I have to use the generator for the cooler, the batteries on the solar systems take to long to recover from it; I've also taken to cooking outside to try & keep the house a little cooler. I've got all the wet gear out, the puppies & I have wet collars, they have like water crystals inside them, when soaked up they stay wet most of the day; & I have this special scarf, it probably doesn't have an enviromental thread in it, but when you wet it, as it dry it does feel very cool. I've even brought the Staffy's clam shell kiddie pool inside & placed it in front of the air cooler . . . today we might all end up sitting in it in front of the cool air! & I have a 5lt pump up misting spray & a hand spray bottle with peppermint oil added, for using before & after I use the genny for the cooler. Where's this wet wild weather they keep promising us?!? I know I reach for the fan at 30 & this year I'm not struggling to 40 I put the cooler on at 35 & go get ice for 40! So, I'd like it to get back to under 35 . . . I don't that's askin' for much 😉 

Now, I'm not a religious person, but the words 'ask and ye shall receive' are ringin' in my ears this morning 🙂 I think I actually got my wish yesterday, I'd have to check, but I don't think it went over 35. Last night I had a big bowling ball of muscle curling up next to me 🙂 I had to find a blanket to cover him with! I do have the bedroom curtains in the wide open super hot postition, & we had rain - not enough to put anything in the dam but there's a puddle in the driveway! It's weird how the weather can change so much, on the hottest day here, my thermometer didn't go over 40, but I saw a photo of a neighbours on the local facebook page, it was on 46; on that day we got a sprinkle of rain & although probably only a dozen, we had hail! It bamboozles my brain how it can go from that temperature to ice, on the same day! I can read up on what's happening thousands of meters above the ground, but it's still weird when it happens! Not that I'm complaining, it's soooo good not to wake up hot 😄 

@Zoe7  @Sophia1  @greenpea  @outlander 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

Thank you dear @Exoplanet 

I have not forgotten you at all.

Struggling with my family member and attempting to respond to people during the times that I log on.

Self care.

Extreme temperatures are very testing.

I cannot bear heat at that level or humidity

Mostly I hate the wind as it blows right into my soul.

Leaves me irritable.

Take care and soak up all of that love from your beautiful fur family.

You are a warrior my dear friend 

love 

Sophia 💚

Good news all around @Exoplanet Heart

@Exoplanet  Sweetheart am so happy that you got some blessed rain. I love the rain and snow. So I can appreciate how wonderful it was for you. Take care of yourself. Love always pea xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance