Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

Hello @Emelia8  @WIP and @Owlunar 

Yes she's always been a "phone" person but last night took the cake as it was just the two of us so impossible not to take notice. Just hurt and I think too as I get older I realise just how precious time is so I don't intend on wasting it on people that don't have the same affection for me. Life's a funny journey isn't it? 

Imagine a dinner with us oh how much fun would it be and @Eve7 too! 

You have all put a smile on my face.

Had another massage today and I smell like licorice hehe. Difficult to motivate myself now just could flake out on the lounge.

I've done a little bit of Christmas shopping today so happy that I have finally made a start. ✔️Hoping you are all ok and sending love and hugs x

If you are able to, just like your body is telling you to - have a rest after your massage. You'll feel so

much better for it @Anastasia 

I know how near impossible it is to do so, but maybe you can take it a bit easy tonight liquorice girl!! Does the bf like liquorice 😉

@Anastasia ... I understand how you feel about your friend's attention being diverted by the precious phone!  I hate phones ... and really only have mine on me when its needed for calls.  Or if I'm on my own and browsing the forums.

My sister is dreadful with her phone.  The last few visits she has paid me ... she spends all her time gazing at her mobile phone and playing some sort of slot game.  I am definitely not a games person, so simply cannot understand why its so damned important.  She was even doing it during meals at the dining table.  I asked her once ... what was so rivetting about the game she was playing.  She responded that its just a game, and that she gets credits for some sort of wins.  She never took the hint that I was drawing attention to the fact that she was spending all her time on the phone.  Oh well.

A massage ... lovely.  And oh yeah ... I love licorice.  Although I didnt know there was a massage oil with that flavour/aroma. I hope you do manage to find a chance to flake out on the lounge.  Sounds good to me.

@WIP  hello beautiful.  So glad you are managing okay while your mother is away.

@Owlunar @Eve7 @Anastasia @WIP @Shaz51 @outlander I would love to have a nice meal together with you all.

I got a phone call from the radiation oncologist this afternoon.  I have my initial consult with her at 9am tomorrow.  It means an early start, as its an hours drive.  And I am not entirely sure where her rooms are. Feeling really nervous about it all, as I really dont know what to expect.  No word yet from the medical oncologist.

Any plans for tonight ... anyone?

Emelia 💕

I think you should take your phone with you to the radiologist @Emelia8  so we can all send you our loving support and you’ll know you’re not alone.

Ivejust been served a very yummy cake by my bil. It’s orange, pecan and pistachio with fig icing.

My Mum is well and I’m quite ok today, just in pain.

Yes I will have the phone with me tomorrow @Eve7 ... if I am on the road I always have it in my handbag.  So if I am left waiting tomorrow I will see if I can check in to see if any of you are about. 🤗💕

Awwww yeah ... that cake sounds yummy.  Really glad your Mum is well and that you are 'not too bad', despite the obvious pain from your broken wrist.  I expect you would have some painkillers to help with the pain, and I think you would need them.  Dont try to be a hero, and go without.  I learned my lesson.  

Emelia 🌸

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Eve7   Really sorry to hear about your fall and fracturing your wrist. Sorry I haven't been around. It's been a tough time here, but  I won't go on about it. 
Glad you were able to get to your mum's. 💖

Hi @Former-Member  sorry you’re having a hard time. I’ve missed you. Always here for you my friend.

💜💖💜

@Anastasia @Eve7 @Former-Member @Emelia8 @WIP 

11.jpgb.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Just wanted to say hello my friend. 💜
@Anastasia 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance