Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with Loneliness

Dear @Lila3 

You are so lovely to mention me, thankyou. My partner is my carer, I often say pretty silly things in front of people but he sorts it out. 

I don't drive that much anymore. I don't need to do that, the stress of driving is gone. 

The hospital forgot about my injury for many years but I still remember when I was about 18 that I went to bed and I lay there and I chose to get better. 

Then out of the blue NDIS dropped in my lap. I cried for a long time out of relief. 

@Lila3  ide give my sewing machine away to be able to study. 

PTSD is very misunderstood. 

@Lila3  sweetheart 

Re: Living with Loneliness

Hello @Artemis8 

i have missed your story till now having been lost in my own fear and pain for a time but can relate to your PTSD and how difficult it can be to keep moving and find new paths! I cry often for the skills and the life I’ve left behind - too old and too ill to continue a career path I valued and enjoyed!

like you though, I have a dachshund! Demanding little hound who wants attention and isn’t going to lie down and be ignored! He wants activity, belly rubs, time in the sun, sniffing in the park and some dumb human to take him there! Keeps you on your toes, as they’re not going to be ignored! Like being nagged from the ground! Mine is tan with a white blaze which I’ve read is “not a fault, but not desired” so I tell him he’s undesirable! Does he care? One thing about dogs- their self esteem is amazingly intact and we could easily learn something from their attitude! 

I hope life is getting a little easier for you but happy to acknowledge that it’s a hard road! Worth hanging in there? Maybe for the rare times of close friendship when something really touches your soul! It’s worth looking out a memory or two to trigger a warm, fuzzy memory of something meaningful! You don’t even recall some things until something triggers the emotion and you feel the warmth so I hope something brings you a warm touch that lights that gleam in your heart even for a brief time to remind you it’s worth the walks, the time spent in retrospection, the work on ourselves to say yes! I am OK! And tonight I am at peace! 
Hope a little dog gives you a little lick goodnight!

@Doldip15 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance