Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

images - 2020-12-24T175559.165.jpeg

Hi @Former-Member. 🙂

Ours was relatively clutterless. I'd wrapped pressies in scarves instead of paper, and Younger Son and his girlfriend did a lot of theirs that way too... and the contents were mostly either edibles, books, or genuinely wanted/needed things. I don't think there were any "junk" pressies.

And I didn't get things as tidy as I was hoping to, but did manage better than the last couple of years. Here's hoping we can keep working forward from that instead of losing ground again. I've hid some of the everyday life clutter away inside some vintage trunks... gotta pull that our and sort it properly. But first job is doing the dishes...

trunks.jpg

Better than previously = yay @Smc 

Really pleased with our "no waste" lunch, decided to save the chook we bought for another day as that the leg of lamb would be more than adequate. Our visitors brought the desserts so they took home any leftovers. The veg not eaten at lunch was finished off for tea and the meat intentionally saved for lunch today. The only nibbles we had were after lunch chocolates to go with coffees.  This morning it felt so good  to not be facing a fridge full of leftovers.

@Former-Member, our fridge is packed with leftovers at the moment- but that I don't mind. It will all get eaten over the next few days, and I'll get a bit of a break from cooking. 🙂

images - 2020-12-27T095720.322.jpeg

Mr Darcy did his usual pre breakfast boxing day routine of taking down all cards and Christmas decorations. I just needed to rearrange it on the dedicated storage container but nice to have it all taken care of.

@Former-Member, there's a few decorations that haven't come out of our Christmas box for a couple of years. I'll double check whether any of the family considers them worth keeping, and if not, we can dispopse of them. If no-one wants them, all they're doing is tangling up the other ones.

But we'll leave ours on display a little longer. Maybe until New Year. 🙂

@Smc , @Former-Member 

We have only one string of lights up now , everything  else is put away now 

@Smc  might be a bit different when the job to put things away falls squarely on my shoulders 😵.

@Shaz51 living grief when you have lost treasures that cannot be recovered. Silver linings when items you didn't want but felt you couldn't get rid of are no longer problematic. Grief and joy coexisting.

@Former-Member @Shaz51, having been flooded, I wonder whether a fire is more devastating, but less complicated. We had so many decisions to make about whether something was worth cleaning or repairing, or whether it should be thrown away. I'm still not sure if we made the right call in all those cases.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance